The other day I saw a post on social media as a message to married men. This message was in line with most Christian messaging to men that I’ve seen over and over. The basic message of most of these types of posts are:
- You will know how well you are loving your wife by how she feels (does she feel loved, supported, empowered etc)
- You are to be a servant leader not a manipulator or ruler. In other words you’re not in charge.
- Be willing to be wrong even if you’re not really wrong. Her truth is the best truth.
- Selective reading of Ephesians 5 focusing on how you should love your wife (which is correct however that’s not all that Ephesians 5 says).
- Basically – your wife is your grade card